Join the Board
Join the MAEE Board of Directors!
The Minnesota Association for Environmental Education is seeking to fill seats on our Board of Directors. We're looking for potential board members who are passionate about supporting and advancing environmental education in Minnesota and offer unique skills (e.g. social media, website design, fundraising, IT technology, etc.) that will help make strides towards achieving the goals outlined in our new strategic plan. Help make a lasting change in Minnesota!
Call for Board Members for the 2022-2024 Term:
- Two-year board term
- Rolling applications will be accepted until all positions are filled
- See Board Member Recruitment for requirements
Overview of Board Roles
In a non-profit organization, the board of directors sets the strategic direction of the organization, manages finances, fundraises for the organization, oversees staff members, represents the organization, and monitors and evaluates the activities of the organization.
The MAEE is looking for board members who are passionate about supporting and advancing environmental education. Board terms are 2 years, with no more than three consecutive terms. Though workloads will vary depending on the season and assigned duties, current board members estimate that an average of 1 - 5 hours/week is needed to complete their board duties.
Benefits of joining the MAEE board include:
- Make lasting, positive an impact on environmental education in the state of Minnesota
- Increase your professional network
- Develop skills and talents within your area of interest
- Gain experience working on a Board
- Advance your leadership experience and skills
Typical board member tasks include:
- Board Meetings: Prepare for and attend board meetings each month.
- Special Events: Attend four or more special events each year (e.g. annual conference, awards ceremony, partnership events, etc.)
- Annual Board Retreat: Attend a two-day annual board retreat, typically held in January (held virtually as needed to meet Covid restrictions)
- Volunteer Hours: Volunteer time to complete activities in MAEE's strategic plan based on personal interest and skill set (e.g. website updates, event planning, accounting, etc.).
- Fundraising: Participate in crowdfunding and other group fundraising efforts, contribute a silent auction item for the annual conference, and make an annual contribution to the organization.
- Communications: Help spread the word about the MAEE activities, events, and volunteer opportunities.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions about the roles, responsibilities, and benefits of being an MAEE board member at (email@example.com). Thank you for your interest in joining the MAEE Board!
2022-2024 Board Member Recruitment Requirements (PDF)