Looking for a way to get more involved in MAEE? We are looking for volunteers to dedicate a few hours each month as a committee member or a regional advocate, supporting the work of MAEE and strengthening our capacity to reach more people and have a greater impact throughout the state.
- Advocacy/Equity - Seek opportunities to advocate for environmental education both locally and nationally, participate in monthly NAAEE advocacy calls, support MAEE's work to be more inclusive and equitable as an organization.
- Membership/Outreach - Recruit and engage new partners and members to get involved in MAEE.
- Fundraising - Plan silent auction, fundraising events, solicit donations for our annual fund, seek other funding sources.
- Events/Professional Development - Plan conference, networking events, other professional development opportunities.
- Communications - Publish monthly electronic newsletter for our members, develop other promotional materials, update social media accounts and website, help publish job postings and resources on SEEK
- Awards/Scholarships - Coordinate the annual awards program to recognize outstanding environmental educators in Minnesota, and scholarship program to send people to conferences.
As a statewide organization, MAEE tries to serve EE professionals throughout the state, but we can’t be everywhere at once, so we need your help! We are looking for people who are interested in volunteering a few hours a month to better connect MAEE to things happening around the state. This is low-commitment, fun work to help connect Minnesota’s environmental educators to more resources and opportunities.
How it works: Volunteer to be a regional advocate for your part of the state and commit to spending a few hours a month to do the things outlined in the responsibilities below
Regions: Northeast, Northwest, Central, Southeast, Southwest, Metro
- Help MAEE connect to your region. Once a month, send us an update about things happening in your area of the state.
- Be an advocate and connector for MAEE
- Host one event per year in your region on behalf of MAEE (ideas include but are not limited to: an informal dinner party to talk about EE, a fundraiser, silent auction, networking event, happy hour, workshop, etc. The idea is to bring people together who are excited about EE in your region!)
For more information about volunteering, please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!