The Minnesota Association for Environmental Education (MAEE) is advancing environmental education throughout the state. MAEE was founded in 1992 and is a state affiliate of the international North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE
), as well as a member of the MN Green Schools Coalition (MNGSC
MAEE is working to connect every child to nature, get people outside and develop environmental ethics in Minnesota's youth and adults. Our members include classroom teachers and administrators, non-formal educators, outdoor recreation providers, natural resource professionals, naturalists and allies.
The MAEE Strategic Plan identifies three goals. They are to:
- Be a sustainable, mission-driven organization that effectively attracts and serves its membership.
- Provide strong leadership for environmental education in the state.
- Help to increase the amount and quality of environmental education in Minnesota.
In line with these goals, we:
- Coordinate conferences and gatherings to promote professional growth and networking opportunities.
- Publish a quarterly newsletter and monthly email with information about current EE events, research, and resources in the state.
- Represent the EE community on relevant issues and legislation.
- Support the work of our members through statewide initiatives, professional resources, and scholarships.
- Represent Minnesota as the state affiliate of the North American Association for Environmental Education.
MAEE is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization governed by a membership-elected Board of Directors consisting of 10 to 12 individuals.
MAEE adheres to the principle that all person shall have equal opportunity and access to all association functions without regard to race, creed, color, gender identity, international or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Under this principle educational, social, and employment opportunities are available to all on an equal basis.
DocumentsMAEE Strategic Plan 2016-2020