What We Do
Our mission is to support and advance environmental education throughout the state.
MAEE strengthens the role of education as a solution to our environmental and societal challenges. We serve environmental education (EE) professionals, students, K-12 educators, and their allies.
- a voice for environmental education.
- advocates for environmental education.
- connectors that unite environmental educators with each other.
Our main areas of focus include:
- The EE Portal @MAEE: Maintaining a network of environmental education jobs, grants, resources, and community events
- Events: Organizing conferences and gatherings to promote professional development and networking opportunities
- Resources and Scholarships: Empowering environmental educators through statewide initiatives, resources, and scholarships
- Awards: Acknowledging successful EE programs and professionals with special recognition
- Advocacy: Supporting legislation, partnerships, and programming that advances EE at the state, regional and national level
MAEE was founded in 1992 and is a state affiliate of the international North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE). MAEE is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Directors consisting of 10 to 12 individuals.
MAEE adheres to the principle that all person shall have equal opportunity and access to all association functions without regard to race, creed, color, gender identity, international or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Under this principle, educational, social, and employment opportunities are available to all on an equal basis.