Work for MAEE!
OPEN POSITION: Part-time Executive Director
The Minnesota Association for Environmental Education (MAEE), a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, is looking for an enthusiastic Part-time Executive Director who is passionate about environmental education in Minnesota and will guide the organization on a path of growth.
This is a position for a strong leader who will be responsible for fundraising, budget management, and oversight of the fiscal health of the organization. In collaboration with the Board of Directors, you will implement the organization’s strategic plan, develop donor relationships and accelerate fundraising efforts, and be an active part of the communications team. More specifically, the roles of the position are as follows:
- Development: Continue to develop and implement long-term funding plan that considers grants, fundraising events, corporate donors, individual donors, foundations, and other funding sources. Research for development of the funding plan including meeting with fundraising committee, as well as contacting and/or meeting with other non-profits is included in this scope of work. (40%)
- Grants Management: Apply for grants as identified by the President or Treasurer of MAEE. Manage existing and new grant documentation, including tracking hours/payments/deliverables and the processing of reimbursement requests. Submit documents to meet grant reporting requirements. (20%)
- Strategic Plan: Assist the Board of Directors in organizing and implementing the work plan strategies identified in MAEE’s strategic plan. Provide the tools, resources, and connections that the Board will need to achieve its goals. (20%)
- Communications: Assist the Board of Directors in creating and implementing an outreach plan to distribute information about awards and scholarships, including clear roles and responsibilities for the Board and the Executive Director. Check the MAEE general email account. Send out communications emails to Board and contacts. Help maintain information on website as abilities allow. (20%)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum three years experience in development, grant writing, and/or fundraising
- Ability to facilitate teamwork
- Proven ability to build partnerships
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven and creative
- Excited by MAEE’s mission
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Able to perform basic computer skills and possess knowledge of office management systems
- Proven experience growing a program or organization
- Experience as an environmental educator or teacher
- Experience with QuickBooks Online software
- Experience with WordPress
- Event management experience
- Strategic planning experience
- Experience implementing nonprofit data management systems
This is a part-time (10-15 hours per week) independent contractor position with a starting rate $22 - 32 per hour based on qualifications. Mileage reimbursed at current federal rate when travel is needed for the position.
We are prioritizing candidates who demonstrate a long-term interest and commitment to strengthening and growing our organization. Depending on fundraising and future needs of the organization, this position could become full-time in the future.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Priority application deadline is May 31st, 2021. Rolling applications will be accepted until the position is filled.