MAEE Mission: To support and advance environmental education throughout the state.
MAEE strengthens the role of education as a solution to our environmental and societal challenges. We serve environmental education (EE) professionals, students, K-12 educators, and their allies.
We are a voice for environmental education.
We advocate for environmental education.
We connect environmental educators with each other.
What do we do?
- SEEK: Post environmental education jobs, grants, resources, and calendar events
- EVENTS: Coordinate conferences and gatherings to promote professional growth and networking opportunities.
- RESOURCES AND SCHOLARSHIPS: Support the work of environmental educators through statewide initiatives, professional resources, and scholarships.
- AWARDS: Acknowledge successful EE programs and professionals with EE Awards
- ADVOCACY: Support legislation, partnership, and programming that advances EE at the state, regional and national level
MAEE was founded in 1992 and is a state affiliate of the international North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE), as well as a member of the MN Green Schools Coalition (MNGSC). MAEE is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization governed by a membership-elected Board of Directors consisting of 10 to 12 individuals.
MAEE adheres to the principle that all person shall have equal opportunity and access to all association functions without regard to race, creed, color, gender identity, international or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Under this principle, educational, social, and employment opportunities are available to all on an equal basis.
NAAEE State Affiliate Founding Member Coalition Member
MAEE Bylaws (PDF)